MOSAIC Proofreading & Copy Editing
Tax No. 20/283/01974
The copyright for the website lies with Amanda Falkenberg. Please read these legal notes carefully before using this or related Web sites. MOSAIC Proofreading & Copy Editing - Amanda Falkenberg and their affiliates (collectively, "MOSAIC Proofreading"), reserve the right to change or modify these legal notes at any time. MOSAIC Proofreading does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of any site owned by any third party that may be linked to the MOSAIC Proofreading Web site via hyperlink, whether such hyperlink is provided by MOSAIC Proofreading or by a third party. MOSAIC Proofreading cannot warrant that the information or material accessible through the Web sites are free from viruses or other harmful components and cannot be responsible for damages that may result from accessing, browsing or downloading any Web site materials. This web site is intended solely to provide general information about MOSAIC Proofreading and their products and services. No permission is granted to copy, distribute, modify, post or frame any text, graphics, video, audio, software code, user interface design or logos. .
1. These terms & conditions apply to any work done for the Client by the Freelancer.
2. The Client is under no obligation to offer the Freelancer work; neither is the Freelancer under any obligation to accept work offered by the Client.
3. The Freelancer will provide service(s) as mutually agreed, confirmed in writing by the Client.
4. The work will be carried out unsupervised at such times and places as determined by the Freelancer, using their own equipment.
5. The Freelancer confirms that they are self-employed, are responsible for their own income tax and social security obligations, and for paying VAT (where applicable) and will not claim benefits granted to the Client's employees.
6. The Freelancer agrees to attend the Client's or other premises for necessary meetings, the time spent and agreed reasonable expenses incurred to be reimbursed by the Client.
7. The Client will reimburse the Freelancer for agreed reasonable expenses over and above usual expenses incurred in the process of editorial work.
8. The Client will pay the Freelancer a fee per hour OR per number of words OR an agreed flat fee for the job, plus VAT (where applicable).
9. The completed work will be delivered on or before the date agreed, for the agreed fee, which will be based on the description of the work required and the brief, both supplied by the Client.
10. If, however, on receipt of the item to be worked on or at an early stage, it becomes apparent that significantly more work is required than had been anticipated in the preliminary discussion/brief, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
11. Similarly, if, during the term of the Freelancer's work, additional tasks are requested by the Client, the Freelancer may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
12. If the project is lengthy, the Freelancer may invoice periodically for completed stages.
13. Any content created by the Freelancer as part of the copyediting/proofreading/project management process will become the copyright of the Client, unless otherwise agreed.
14. The nature and content of the work will be kept confidential and not made known to anyone other than the Client without prior written permission.
15. The Freelancer guarantees that any work that they subcontract on behalf of the Client will be completed to the same standard, schedule. and budget and with the same conditions of confidentiality.
16. If the Freelancer's work is unsatisfactory, the Freelancer will rectify it in their own time and at their own expense.
17. Unless agreed otherwise at the outset, payment will be made within 30 days of receipt of the Freelancer's invoice.
19. Either the Client or the Freelancer has the right to terminate a contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
20. If the Freelancer has made a substantial contribution to the copyediting/proofreading/project management of the work, they will be entitled to receive one free copy of the work.
21. The Freelancer may use the Client's name in their promotional material.
22. This agreement is subject to the laws of Germany
The Student Rates apply for study related texts only.
Payment against invoice can be made using Paypal or via bank transfer within 14 calendar days.
Invoices are issued without VAT according to § 19 of the German Sales Tax Act.